Wednesday, July 2, 2014

HOPE

Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help,
Whose hope is in the LORD his God. Psalm 146:5 (NKJV) 

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.Psalm 33:22 (NIV)

Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again—
my Savior and my God!
Psalm 42:11 (NLT)

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
And in His word I do hope.
Psalm 130:5 (NKJV)

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.1 Peter 1:3 (NIV)

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

But I will hope continually
and will praise you yet more and more. 
Psalm 71:14 (ESV) 

The thought of my suffering and homelessness
is bitter beyond words.
I will never forget this awful time,
as I grieve over my loss.
Yet I still dare to hope
when I remember this: 
The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”
Lamentations 3:19–24 (NLT) 

And now, Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in You.
Psalm 39:7 (NASB)

From early on your Sanctuary was set high, 
a throne of glory, exalted!
O God, you’re the hope of Israel. 
All who leave you end up as fools.
Jeremiah 17:12–13a (MSG)

Scripture quotations marked NIV are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL 
VERSION Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of 
Zondervan Publishing House. All rights reserved.

Scripture quotations marked NASB are taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®,
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman 
Foundation. Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)

Scripture quotations marked NCV are taken from the NEW CENTURY VERSION®. Copyright © 
2005 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. 

Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW LIVING 
TRANSLATION copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 
Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

Scripture quotations marked CEV are taken from The HOLY BIBLE, CONTEMPORARY 
ENGLISH VERSION copyright © 1997, 1997 by the American Bible Society. Used by 
permission. All rights reserved.

Scripture quotations marked NKJV are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, THE NEW KING JAMES 
VERSION © Copyright 1982. Used by permission of Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville, TN. 
All rights reserved.

Scripture quotations marked MSG are taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.

Scripture quotations marked NRSV are taken from the NEW REVISED STANDARD VERSION 
BIBLE, copyright 1989, Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches 
of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Scripture quotations marked ESV are taken from THE HOLY BIBLE: ENGLISH STANDARD 
VERSION, copyright © 2001, Wheaton: Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights 
reserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment